Monday 18 June 2012

Get smart, get fit!

Like most people, I have found losing weight is a lot easier when you have something to aim for!
Well lucky me, I am jetting off for a sun-set holiday in August.
I hope to lose a stone by the holiday and look nice a trim by the pool.

I plan to do a daily update of what I have done to push the weight-loss process a long.

Already I have begun doing 20 minutes a day on the exercise bike. Its best to go at a steady pace so you don't run out of all your energy straight away.
I also had the opportunity to walk about 2 miles the other day to a friends house and back home again. If you can think of any situation like going to town for some shopping and think you might be able to walk the distance, even just part way and get transport the rest of the way, do it! It feels great afterwards and you feel like you have achieved something.

I have begun doing yoga. I go to one class per week and try and do the exercises I can remember each day. Yoga really is relaxing and great for the body. You start to feel muscles stretching in places you never felt before.

Of course diet is important too. I try and drink a few glasses of water each day but I count tea and squash into my daily recommended amount too. Lets hope to see improvements soon. I shall keep you updated on my progress and maybe they'll be a before and after snap too.

Thanks for reading,

Frances x

No comments:

Post a Comment