Friday 24 August 2012

Sleep Challenge

People all over the world go to work in the day, relax in the evening and find it near impossible to manage to drop off at night.
Stress is a contributing factor of course, but for some it is simply very hard to fall into slumber.
Personally I haven't had a good sleep pattern for as long as I can remember. I tend to hit the pillow, snuggle up, get really comfy, take a few deep breaths and BAM, my brain turns on. I usually end up thinking about negative unnecessary things and toss and turn until I finally go to sleep..
Once I've fallen asleep I then wake up through the night, only for a few minutes but as most will know you're brain has to re-start REM etc and after waking up briefly about 10 times, you feel as tired in the morning as you did when you went to sleep.

(To look like this when you wake up make sure you have applied make up and straightened your hair before you go to bed and do not move!... she does look peaceful though!)

After some research I have found various pieces of advice and feel I should put them to practice. I will be doing a 7 day sleep challenge to determine if these tips work or (as Sheldon Cooper - Big Bang Theory would say) if it's a load of hokum.

What I shall be doing:

  • Daily exercise to work off extra energy and built up frustration which typically keep people awake
  • Eye mask - block out any light or distractions
  • Lavender scents 
  • Bath before bed
  • Hot drink (caffeine free)
  • Peaceful music
Any other suggestions will be gratefully excepted. I will be starting my mission on Monday 27th August. WATCH THIS SPACE!

Have a great weekend!

Frances :) x

1 comment:

  1. Keep a notebook and pen/pencil by the bed, so if your brain does start racing, you can scribble a note of whatever it is and then tell your brain you'll sort it in the morning.

    Sleep well x

    ReplyDelete